[Corpora-List] EVALITA 2011 Second Call for Interest

Manuela Speranza manspera at fbk.eu
Wed Feb 23 16:14:25 UTC 2011

<Apologies if you receive multiple copies>
<Please, distribute it among potentially interested colleagues>

                            EVALITA
      Evaluation of NLP and Speech Tools for Italian
                     http://www.evalita.it/

EVALITA 2011 - Second Call for Interest
February 2011

Following the success obtained by the previous editions, we are pleased
to announce EVALITA 2011, the third evaluation campaign of Natural
Language Processing and Speech tools for Italian.

In particular, we intend to organise the following tasks:

Text tasks
- Parsing (Main Task)
- Domain Adaptation for Dependency Parsing (Pilot Task)
- Named Entity Recognition on Transcribed Broadcast News
- Cross-document Coreference Resolution of Named Person Entities
- Anaphora Resolution
- Super Sense Tagging
- Frame Labeling over Italian Texts
- Lemmatisation

Speech tasks
- Automatic Speech Recognition - Large Vocabulary Transcription
- Spoken Dialogue Systems Evaluation
- Forced Alignment on Spontaneous Speech
- Voice Applications on Mobile - Student Contest

For more information about the single tasks, please refer to the new
EVALITA website: http://www.evalita.it/2011/

We invite participation from both academic institutions and industrial
organizations. If you are interested in participating in EVALITA 2011,
please fill out the form at: http://www.evalita.it/2011/CFI

Your expressions of interest will be very important to help us organising
the evaluation campaign. Based on the expressions of interest we receive,
in fact, we will be able to confirm the organisation of the single tasks.