[Corpora-List] SQL vs. CQL ...

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:53:18 UTC 2011

~
 I find CQL so SQL-ish
~
 http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/specs/cql.html
~
 that I wonder if CQL is just a front-end to some plain SQL-based DBMS
~
 I am trying to get a detailed "SQL vs. 'C'QL" comparison (generally
speaking) specially considering the relational logic underlying DBMSs
compared to the (first or monadic second order (or ... ;-)))
logic/predicate calculus that researchers tend to think corpora should
be based on
~
 As I understand things DBMSs and corpora, as definitely different
beasts, are, have some important similarities and differences, but
they feed on similar types of data and crunching it with a teeth
pattern of similar types of queries
~
 The 34 hits you get while searching amazon.com on: corpora in applied
linguistics doesn't seem to show anything really relevant
~
 I couldn't find much either in the hundreds of hits you get while
online (using google) on:
~
sql relational cql text corpora -corporation -"Common Query Language"
-"CREATE TABLE"
~
 Any leads on such a comparison or something similar/relevant you
would like to share?
~
 thanks
 lbrtchx