[Corpora-List] ESSLLI course on Constraint Grammar

Eckhard Bick eckhard.bick at mail.dk
Wed Jul 6 10:56:18 UTC 2011

With apologies for multiple postings ....

I would like to draw your attention to the upcoming Constraint Grammar
course at the ESSLLI summer school in Ljubljana (Slovenia), during the
first week of August: http://esslli2011.ijs.si/?p=295

If you are interested in the CG parsing paradigm, please consider
participating yourself or passing this information on to co-researchers
or students of yours. More inormation on ESSLLI can be had at
http://esslli2011.ijs.si/?page_id=12

Our ESSLLI course slot will be in the afternoon 14-15:30, from Monday
August 1st until Friday August 5th. Of course the idea is to work on CG
between slots, too, focusing on individual interests and tasks, but
ESSLLI has many other things to offer, too, should you wish to diversify.

The course will give newcomers a chance to learn to use CG for
grammatical annotation from scratch, and allow existing CG users to get
acquainted with new features in the CG3 formalism, targeting various
aspects of morphological disambiguation, syntax, dependency and semantics.

While teaching examples will be in English, we encourage participants to
work on other languages, too, and in order to allow experiments with
higher levels of CG annotation, we will provide online access to parsers
for various languages.

Best regards,

Eckhard Bick

--