[Corpora-List] Frequency of auxiliaries in child speech

Eric Atwell csc6ea at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 11:47:18 UTC 2011

Stephanie,

I can't cite a study, BUT i can point you at a PoS-tagged and parsed corpus
of spontaneous child speech at ages 6, 8, 10, and 12; with cohorts
subdivided by sex (B,G) and socio-economic class (A,B,C,D):
the PoW Polytechnic of Wales Corpus, see
http://khnt.hit.uib.no/icame/manuals/pow.htm
http://icame.uib.no/newcd.htm

You could use PoW to count rates of auxiliaries and singular/present -s
for yourself...

Eric Atwell, LEEDS University