[Corpora-List] Exciting opportunity for linguists in Brazil

Johan Ahlund johan.ahlund at artificial-solutions.com
Thu Jul 28 15:06:41 UTC 2011

Dear List Member

(I am not sure if it is OK to post "job offerings" on this list, so please forgive me if that is not the case)

I am Johan Ahlund, the founder and former CEO of Artificial Solutions, a leading company in the area of NLP based solutions with special focus on intelligent and humanlike Virtual Assistants. We are today just over 100 employees in various countries in Europe working with clients such as IKEA, Telenor, Slovenian Tax Authorities, BBVA, Orange and other organizations in sectors such as public administration, banking, telecom, retail, travel, etc.

I am now based in Rio de Janeiro, focussing on building up the Latin American (and especially the Brazilian) market for our solutions. After a few months of initial market research I am now starting to build up our initial team that will build the basic brazilian portuguese knowledge base using our tools and that will later on be the key people involved in building the knowledge bases for our client projects.

Considering your background and expertise I hope that either you or people that you know, might be suitable for and interested in this opportunity.

The persons I am looking for at this initial stage are:

1. Senior Knowledge Engineer
Key person in the work to build the basic knowledge base and client specific knowledge bases with our tools
Computational Linguist (probably)
Fluent or strong in Brazilian Portuguese, English and Spanish
Solid academical and work background
Pragmatic and practical approach to problem solving and getting things done
Hard working, social and enthusiastic

2. Technical Knowledge Engineer
Key person to develop front end solution (based on our templates and tools), assist clients in integration work but also directly involved in the development of knowledge bases
General programming background
Htlm, java script, groovy script, DB etc
Pragmatic and practical approach to problem solving and getting things done
Hard working, social and enthusiastic

i will later on need also less technical linguists that are interested in building the world´s most human, intelligent and capable Virtual Assistants based on our award winning Teneo platform.

Rio de Janeiro is the preferred location, but this has not yet been finally decided.

Please contact me so that I can send you more detailed information. johan.ahlund at artificial-solutions.com

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give me.

Best regards and thanks!
Johan

johan.ahlund at artificial-solutions.com