[Corpora-List] Request for tips to French resources

DJamé Seddah djame.seddah at free.fr
Thu Mar 3 17:38:25 UTC 2011

Le 3 mars 2011 à 11:24, Ineta Sejane a écrit :

> Dear list,
> last days I have been looking for free lexical resources or annotated corpora of French and was not too successful. Either they are not linked to webpages in English or there are not many of them. Could anyone of the list give me a tip to some of them. Basically, I am looking for a list of French wordforms with informations on the corresponding lemma, POS and morphology, if possible. I could extract these informations from annotated corpora, too, if no such lists are readily available.
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Best,
> Ineta Sejane

Hi,
Many free and available large scale lexica are available for French
see for example le lefff (Sagot et al, 2008)
http://alpage.inria.fr/~sagot/lefff-en.html

or the various resources available at Marne la Vallée
http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/english/

or the Morphalou lexicon (http://led.loria.fr/outils.php#101 )

I can also  provide a link to a pos tagged and lemmatized version of the  Est Republicain Corpus (125 millions words) if it can help (lemmatization and morfetisation done with Morfette (Chrupala et al, 2008), trained on the FrenchTreebank
using a special tagset  and the LeFFF lexicon.
By the way, the french treebank (Abeille et al, 2003) is free and available upon request (check "Paris 7 French Treebank" on google)

Best,

Djamé