[Corpora-List] CALBC II workshop [reminder]

hornbostel CALBC hornbostel at calbc.eu
Fri Mar 4 14:29:04 UTC 2011

SECOND CALBC WORKSHOP - LAST CALL FOR REGISTRATION

registration deadline: Mon, 7th March 2011
www.calbc.eu -> upper red box or follow "Workshop II"

Workshop date: 16th March 2011, 14h00 GMT - 18th March 2011, 16h00 GMT
place: EBI, Hinxton, near Cambridge, UK

--- Sorry for cross posting ---

Dear researcher,

be reminded that the second CALBC workshop takes place on 16/17/18 March
2011 at the EBI, Hinxton, U.K.

The keynote speakers are:
* Yves Moreau, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium
* Lynette Hirshman, Mitre, U.S.A.
* Therese Vachon, Novartis, Basel
* Timo Hannay, Digital Science / Nature Publishing Group, London

The workshop will include a number of presentations that deal with
topics that are highly relevant to the biomedical text mining community:

* We will explain how we scaled up the CALBC challenges to achieve the
annotation of a large-scale corpus: 1 million Medline abstracts

* We will show that we can generate large-scale annotated corpora with
different characterists from the automatic annotation services?

* We can demonstrate that the annotation results on the Silver Standard
Corpus (SSC) correlate to performances against Gold Standard Data.

* Different terminological resources have been normalised to achieve the
normalisation of the SSC.

* The SSC can be used to improve biomedical Named Entity Recognition
solutions

* The SSC has been post-processed to introduce the literature data into
a Semantic Web Triple Store and to integrate the annotated entities with
other biomedical data resources.

The registration remains open till Monday, March 7th, 2011.

Best wishes and hope to see you soon,
Dietrich & CALBC project partners

--
CALBC - the challenge (www.calbc.eu)