[Corpora-List] Research Assistant NLP (Barcelona, Spain) - Text Simplification

Horacio Saggion horacio.saggion at upf.edu
Mon Mar 7 18:07:18 UTC 2011

Research Assistant in Natural Language Processing (12 months)

The Natural Language Processing Research group (TALN) at the Department
of Communication and Information Technologies, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
has a 12-months open position in the area of automatic text
simplification in Spanish in the context of the research project Simplext.

We are looking for candidates with some experience in natural language
processing (NLP). Candidates with interest and/or experience in
automatic text summarization, text simplification, text-to-text
generation, and development of NLP applications are particularly
welcome. We are looking for a candidate willing to stay in our group
after the 12-months period to pursue a PhD in Natural Language Processing.

We require:

* A degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience in NLP, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence
* Experience in Programming and willing to learn Java

We offer:

* A 12-month research contract
* Dynamic and collaborative working environment
* A maximum gross salary of 15.530,76� depending on experience
* The position is available immediately.

Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) is recognised internationally for the
quality of its research, it is also one of the top 5 Spanish
universities in terms of scientific production and academia efficiency.
The NLP group is situated in Campus de la Comunicaci�ón in the
innovation district of Barcelona 22 at .

If you are interested in working with us, please send the following
documentation:

" Cover letter including your contact details
" A CV and list of publications
" The names and contact details of 2 people who can act as your references

Send the documentation by e-mail to Dr. Horacio Saggion
(horacio.saggion at upf.edu) , the subject of your e-mail should be
"Simplext-TALN-RA". If you have any informal query please contact Dr.
Horacio Saggion (horacio.saggion at upf.edu).

--
Dr. Horacio Saggion
TALN