[Corpora-List] CfPs to a separate page?

Yannick Versley versley at sfs.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Mar 11 15:51:22 UTC 2011

>    One question I wanted to raise: I've noticed that a large number of the
> calls are related to computational linguistics, but not specifically to
> corpora.  Is there somewhere else where those calls are posted, so that we
> can get calls focusing on corpora?

I'm afraid that the Corpora-list, despite (or because of) its name, is also
the favorite hangout for
computational linguists (and quite a bit more informative than, say,
Linguist or the ACL's
announcement list).
If we wanted to have not the union, but the intersection of CompLing and
CorpLing (i.e., only discussion
about corpora proper, and not about their linguistic use in one of the
disciplines), this list would be
a much lonelier place.

How about asking everyone posting CfPs to add [CfP], [CfP/CompLing] or
[CfP/CorpLing] to the
subject? This would make it very easy to set up your mail filter to redirect
them to a special folder.
And maybe add another label to calls for participation, so that there is no
confusion.

Best wishes,
Yannick Versley