[Corpora-List] Where can I find a copy of MSE corpus?

marco turchi marco.turchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:09:20 UTC 2011

Dear Aqil,
few months ago, we released a multilingual summary evaluation corpus in
seven languages for research and evaluation purposes. You can download the
set from http://langtech.jrc.ec.europa.eu/JRC_Resources.html .

This dataset consists of a manually annotated collection of document
clusters of parallel texts in seven languages (Arabic, Czech, English,
French, German, Russian and Spanish) that can be used to evaluate
multi-document, or even single document, summarisation software. The data is
particularly useful to compare the performance of software across languages.

The four document clusters consist of five high-level commentaries each,
selected from http://www.project-syndicate.org/, discussing fields that can
roughly be described as being about malaria, Israel-and-Palestine-Conflict,
genetics and science-and-society.

The resource and its use are described in:

    Marco Turchi, Josef Steinberger, Mijail Kabadjov and Ralf Steinberger
(2010)
    Using Parallel Corpora for Multilingual (Multi-document) Summarisation
Evaluation.
    Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 6360/2010,
52-63.

Thanks a lot
Marco Turchi