[Corpora-List] Extraction of Probable(certain, inferred) future(simultaneous, perfect) events From News Content As a Master Thesis

ali huerriyetoglu ali.hurriyetoglu at googlemail.com
Wed May 18 14:48:55 UTC 2011

Dear  list members,

I am looking for some sample information Extraction studies which extract
probable, future(or simultaneous or perfect) events. Preferably with use of
Tense Aspect Mood Markers(TAM Markers) and maybe in Turkish.

My aim is to use  Temurcu(2007) as a framework for such an approach for my
Master Thesis. I aware of Factbank of Sauri and Pustejovsky(2009) and some
other studies in bioinformatics and medical informatics domain. However I
could not find any study in general, especially in News content.

Thanks,

Temurcu, C, "A Semantic Framework for Analyzing Tense, Aspect and Mood: An
Application to the Ranges of Polysemy of *-Xr*, *-DIr*, *-Iyor* and *-Ø* in
Turkish" , 2007. PDF copy of the PhD thesis
<http://www.ii.metu.edu.tr/%7Etemurcu/docs/TemurcuPhD-TAM.pdf>

Sauri, R. & Pustejovsky, J. (2009). FactBank. A corpus annotated with event
factuality. Language
Resources and Evaluation. (Online version:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/mk122157x3113678/
?p=20ede75cdad340dfb76d33a26089ef63&pi=0).

--
Ali Hürriyetoğlu

Cognitive Science Programme, Middle East Technical University
Ankara, 06531
Turkey
tel: +(90) 5379695344  & +(39) 331 384 27 00
--
European Commission - Joint Research Centre (JRC)
IPSC - GlobeSec - OPTIMA (OPensource Text Information Mining and Analysis)

T.P. 267, Via Fermi 2749
21027, Ispra (VA), Italy

Tel: +39 0332 78-9676