[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Anil Singh anil.phdcl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:18:17 UTC 2011

Well, you seem to be making several wrong assumptions. The negative comments
(at least mine) were not at all intended to be against reviewers, but
against the reviewing process. I am a reviewer too (like most researchers)
and I doubt if my own reviews were 'brilliant'. We are all humans,
obviously. But the process can make us behave better or worse. (Hate the
sin, not the sinner etc.)

There is indeed some evidence about whether open peer review is better than
(or at least as good as) double blind reviewing or not. There are some
pointers on the mails on this very thread.

The point is not whether reviews have to be brilliant or not, but whether
the reviewing process is effective or not.

I don't think anyone here is ignorant of the fact that reviewers are just
peers.

LREC2012 has not made a decision to move away from double blind reviewing.
It has been its policy (though I too didn't notice it, use as I am to double
blind reviewing).

It seems you have not carefully read this thread and are just reacting in
anger.