[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 52, Issue 3

Yorick Wilks Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sun Oct 2 18:24:13 UTC 2011

There may be a cultural difference here between countries and continents: in an ideal world a senior person getting a very penetrating and critical review from a (known) grad student or junior faculty member would probably seek to hire them--in terms of Popperian principles. Whether or not I am right about the world spread of ideal behavior---- and I think i know pretty well how it distributes, as  do we all--nothing whatever can be done about it. Which, alas, make uniform reviewing practice for international conferences very hard--as we know, and this is there we came in to the movie......
Yorick Wilks