[Corpora-List] reviewing quality

Diana Maynard d.maynard at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 10:33:46 UTC 2011

I reviewed for a conference this year (I forget which one it was) which
published a list of "best reviewers" on their website afterwards, i.e.
those reviewers who had put effort into constructive and meaningful
reviews, rather than the "poor English, lack of references" type of
review. They announced this in advance of the reviewing period so that
people would make more effort, though I have no idea how successful it
actually was in this respect. I think it was a nice idea though, which
could be  propagated more widely (and better to acknowledge good
reviewers rather than make a "hitlist" of poor reviewers).
Diana