[Corpora-List] Conferences vs journals and conference travel support (was why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?)

Graeme Hirst gh at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Oct 6 00:12:21 UTC 2011

As announced at the recent ACL conference, ACL is in the process of starting a new journal that will publish ACL conference papers, and other papers.  Details will be announced within the next couple of months.

In addition, ACL has a travel fund for graduate students, and sometimes others, who have papers accepted at an ACL conference but lack the necessary support to attend the conference.   Also, student volunteers at an ACL conference get free registration.  Details are given with each conference announcement; for example, for the ACL 2011 conference in Portland, now past, details were given here: http://www.acl2011.org/student_volunteer.shtml

--
::::  Graeme Hirst * Treasurer, Association for Computational Linguistics
::::  University of Toronto * Department of Computer Science