[Corpora-List] How long is the sentence?

Michal Ptaszynski ptaszynski at media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu Oct 6 14:43:29 UTC 2011

Dear Yuri,

> why different writers have different length of sentences. Is it
> connected with their brains?

Perhaps some of them want to have longer... sentences ;)

But for serious, I think just taking an average of all sentences is not
actually telling you anything.
An interesting insight could give checking, for example, for the following,
- swapping between long and short sentences (length fluctuation)
- cross-reference of the sentence length with other information, e.g.,
type of sentence, (descriptive, question, expressive), topic, opinion or
affect (at present I am checking correlations of sentence length with the
last one on a large corpus, but no interesting results so far).

Best,

Michal