[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Galibert Olivier Olivier.Galibert at lne.fr
Fri Oct 7 06:34:56 UTC 2011

  Hi,

> there is also the practice that some
> of us have of running papers we are going to review through
> commercial (or otherwise) plagiarism detection services.

You may not realize it, but you do *not* have the right to do that.  These services retain anything you submit them, which is not something you can authorize for a not-yet-published paper you don't have copyright to.

And it's extremely annoying for an author to be rejected because "that has already been published", when in practice the previous version of the paper has been rejected at another conference and you have enhanced it since.  Incompetent reviewers that says to something has already been published without giving a citation are already annoying enough as it is.

Best,

  OG.