[Corpora-List] Checking manuscripts for plagiarism (Was Re: why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?)

Graeme Hirst gh at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Oct 7 12:24:52 UTC 2011

Some journal publishers, including IEEE, are now doing officially what Ted is doing informally.  See, for example, this page:  http://www.ieee.org/publications_standards/publications/rights/crosscheckmain.html

There is no suggestion that unpublished manuscripts are saved.  In fact, doing that would simply muddy the waters; what is sought is whether the manuscript duplicates *published* text.

--
::::  Graeme Hirst
::::  University of Toronto * Department of Computer Science