[Corpora-List] Blind reviewing

Hans Uszkoreit uszkoreit at dfki.de
Wed Oct 12 22:06:48 UTC 2011

Thanks Chris, this seems a nice conclusion of the somewhat lengthy but
nevertheless inspiring discussion: For the time being, our top-level
scientific conference will have to continue the current practice of
double-blind reviewing despite its observed leaks and shortcomings.
The LREC move is justified (at least for some types of papers) and
deserves careful monitoring for lessons to be learned.

Any further discussion on expected or desired future turns in our academic
culture should observe and include developments in other disciplines
(natural sciences - the usual trend setters, engineering sciences and
social sciences), since with respect to quality management the conditions
of our field are not unique.

Hans Uszkoreit