[Corpora-List] Vote/Comment on your choice of review

Siddhartha Jonnalagadda sid.kgp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:31:36 UTC 2011

The term "single blind" comes from study design in epidemiology. It means
the participants (usually taken as authors) doesn't know what happens in the
test cases (names of the reviewers).

In that sense, I think Anil's definitions are correct to the extent review
system is practiced:

1. Open review system: The reviewer and the author both know each other's
identity
2. Single blind system: Reviewer knows who the author is, but the author
doesn't know who the reviewer is
3. Double blind system: Neither the author nor the reviewer knows the
other's identity

I'm not aware of a situation where the author hides one's name, but the
reviewer has to reveal his/her name. If there is a name for both the other
review design, you can suggest it or use "other".

Sincerely,
Siddhartha Jonnalagadda, Ph.D.
sjonnalagadda.wordpress.com