[Corpora-List] Documents about Plagiarism

Alberto Barron Cedeño lbarron at dsic.upv.es
Thu Oct 13 16:38:53 UTC 2011

Dear Masmoudi,

When you say you are working on plagiarism I guess it is on plagiarism
detection. There are a few resources I suggest you to consult.

For corpora consider the PAN series of corpora (PAN-PC-[09,10,11]).
These corpora have been used during the three editions of the
International Competition on Plagiarism Detection, and include English
as well as a few German and Spanish texts. All the information,
including overview and participant's papers, is available at:

http://pan.webis.de

You mention different languages. If you are interested in cross-language
plagiarism detection, see:

Martin Potthast, Alberto Barrón-Cedeño, Benno Stein, Paolo Rosso.
Cross-Language Plagiarism Detection. Language Resources and Evaluation,
Special Issue on Plagiarism and Authorship Analysis, vol. 45, num. 1.
DOI: 10.1007/s10579-009-9114-z, 2011

The corpora developed at the University of Sheffield are worth
considering as well:
http://nlp.shef.ac.uk/meter/

Right now a competition on cross-language text re-use is being held as
part of FIRE. The information is here:

http://users.dsic.upv.es/grupos/nle/fire-workshop-clitr.html

Last, but not least, there is a (not so up to date) list of publications
on plagiarism and its detection here:

http://users.dsic.upv.es/~lbarron/plagiarism.html

Have fun!
Alberto

--
Alberto Barrón-Cedeño
Department of Information Systems and Computation (Ph.D. student)