[Corpora-List] corpora-list: publishing lists of accepted and rejected papers

Laurence Anthony anthony0122 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:20:48 UTC 2011

> But, to return to the general point, I like the transparency that Ramesh is
> suggesting. Also, it is not unthinkable that unsuccessful job applicants
> should be listed, there are already places where job applicants are ranked
> in order of how well they did in the selection processes and that
> information is made publicly available.

Charlotte,

I won't comment at all on the 'timidness' of women and younger researchers!

Can you tell us all the name of an institution that publicly announces the
ranking of unsuccessful job applicants? Just for curiosity, I am sure that
many people would like to refer to this list of rejected applicants just to
see how many people who would apply to such an insitution. I am also sure
that it would be very interesting to do a quick check to find out where the
rejected applicants now work and see how their current employer compares
with the institution that rejected them.

Laurence.