[Corpora-List] RE : corpora-list: publishing lists of accepted and rejected papers

FORT, Karen Karen.FORT at inist.fr
Sat Oct 15 11:29:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I find that offensive too, but maybe it's because I'm young (well, not in age I'm afraid) AND a woman.  This kind of remark could be an argument in favour of double blind review, but I too like the transparency proposal.

We had an attempt at this (transparency of ranking in positions in institutions) in France, but the rules are not very clear whether it's legal or not. Still, a very good idea.

Karen

>>> "John F. Sowa" <sowa at bestweb.net> 15/10/11 6:25 AM >>>
>Some people, especially women and younger researchers, may be
>rather timid about submitting a paper to a prestigious conference
>or journal for the very first time.

-- May I timidly point out that I find that offensive?

-- But, to return to the general point, I like the transparency that Ramesh is suggesting. Also, it is not unthinkable that unsuccessful job applicants should be listed, there are already places where job applicants are ranked in order of how well they did in the selection processes and that information is made publicly available.

--Charlotte

Karën FORT
Ingénieure/Engineer et/and doctorante/PhD student
INIST-CNRS / LIPN
2, allée de Brabois
54500 Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy
France