[Corpora-List] Nordic rating of conferences?

Janne Bondi Johannessen jannebj at iln.uio.no
Tue Oct 18 11:25:55 UTC 2011

Dear Daniel.
The Norwegian system rates publication channels (publishers and journals),
not conferences. However, we have been able to include some conference
proceedings into this system, and that especially includes computational
linguistics, since this area is one in which many major publications are in
conference proceedings only.

There are two categories for accepted scientific publications (i.e., that
have reviewing, has an audience outside a given institution etc.): 1 (the
lowest) and 2 (the highest). The latter should represent the 20 % of the top
publications in a certain area.

You can have a look yourself to find out which journals or conference
proceedings are rated how here:
http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/?search=advanced

If you search for computational linguistics, you'll see that the list
contains both journals and proceedings, and at both levels:

 2  Computational linguistics - Association for Computational Linguistics
(Print)<http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/kanalDetalj.do?produktid=439374&bibsys=>

 1  Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). Annual Meeting
Conference Proceedings<http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/kanalDetalj.do?produktid=474700&bibsys=>

 1  Association for Computational Linguistics. European Chapter (EACL).
Proceedings of the
Conference.<http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/kanalDetalj.do?produktid=474701&bibsys=>

 1  International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING).
Proceedings<http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/kanalDetalj.do?produktid=474702&bibsys=>

 1  International Journal of Computational Linguistics and
Applications<http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/kanalDetalj.do?produktid=477120&bibsys=>

 1  Journal for Language Technology and Computational
Linguistics<http://dbh.nsd.uib.no/kanaler/kanalDetalj.do?produktid=471775&bibsys=>
Best regards,
Janne Bondi Johannessen

2011/10/18 Daniel Zeman <zeman at ufal.mff.cuni.cz>

> Dear all,
>
> during the discussions here in Prague about research/publications
> evaluation (related to funding), someone mentioned that there reportedly is
> a "Norwegian" list of good conferences that also covers the NLP field and
> that is used to evaluate research institutes in the Nordic countries.
>
> As I failed to google the list (not knowing what exactly to search for and
> whether it exists at all) I thought of asking the crowd. Does anybody know
> about such a thing? If so, could you please tell me where to search for it?
>
> Thanks for any info!
> Best regards,
>
> Dan Zeman

Janne Bondi Johannessen
Professor, The Text Laboratory, ILN, http://www.hf.uio.no/tekstlab/
President, NEALT, http://omilia.uio.no/nealt/
University of Oslo
P.O.Box 1102 Blindern, N-0317 Oslo, Norway
Tel: +47 22 85 68 14, mob.: +47 928 966 34