[Corpora-List] Enough already

Paula Newman paulan at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 17:15:11 UTC 2011

Re:
>Maybe those who want to continue can find a chat-room somewhere?

That's a bit harsh.  Just for curiousity, I searched Google Groups to find discussions of the "peer review process", and found them on quite a few discipline-specific lists.

However, corpora list is one of many  lists intended primarily as a bulletin board  for people with similar interests, in this case publishing announcements of conferences, corpus and tool availability,  and employment opportunities, and providing a forum for relatively brief  interactions on technical issues.   Long "philosophical" discussions are really not suitable here.

Other lists *are* intended for lengthy, wide ranging conversations.  One that I subscribe to uses a specialized list-management facility (not publicly available)  to impact on subscriber inboxes by allowing people to stop receiving particular threads.

Paula