[Corpora-List] Frequency of the pronoun I

Martin Mueller martin.mueller at mac.com
Tue Sep 13 15:14:44 UTC 2011

Unsurprisingly, in a corpus of ~ six million words from 320 plays of
Shakespeare's generation (broadly speaking) forms of 'be' and 'I' dominate
(with respectively 245,500 and and 239,200 occurrences, followed at some
distance by 'the' (182,400) and 'and' (180,00).  Everything does indeed
depend on the text type.