[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Eric Ringger ringger at cs.byu.edu
Fri Sep 30 15:02:13 UTC 2011

Greetings.

LREC has been operated in this manner since its inception.  Personally and
for the sake of LREC’s reputation, I would like to see the reviewing process
for LREC upgraded to double-blind review.

I believe that LREC fills a couple of important niches: its focus on
language resources and evaluation/validation is important and not well
served elsewhere, and it does a good job of bringing a large, diverse group
together.  (I should add that it does a good job of selecting attractive
venues as well!)  If implemented well, I believe that double-blind review
would not detract from the primary objectives of the conference but would
refine the quality of the program and improve the reputation of the venue.
I have said as much in private feedback after past LRECs.

I also think it is time for LREC to move up from reviewing extended
abstracts to reviewing full papers.

Regards,

--Eric