[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Yorick Wilks Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 16:58:24 UTC 2011

They are not symmetrical forms of knowing. All proposals--or all I know--are reviewed knowing who wrote them, but the writers do not know who reviewed them. This is thought normal--though I personally never mind being identified as a reviewer. I dont see why it has to be different for papers rather than proposals, especially as the latter are often more career-significant. And, as I said, earlier: we usually DO know who wrote anonymised papers, so it's all fake anyway.
YW