[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Dragomir Radev radev at umich.edu
Fri Sep 30 17:34:15 UTC 2011

I've reviewed probably a thousand anonymous papers and I don't think that I can ever be sure of the author's identity. Sometimes there are strong hints but no certainty. Try this - download a few random papers from the acl anthology that you haven't read before, erase the author list and the acknowledgments, and try guessing the author names.

I don't have a problem with lrec's submission format, reviewing policy, or acceptance rate. These are all known in advance and people can set their expectations accordingly. As they say, let thousands of flowers bloom. I haven't attended lrec for several years now but I would consider it again if I had a paper for which it is the most appropriate venue.

I am sure that many people will speak up about the advantages of double blind reviewing so I will let them make that case.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile