[Corpora-List] Job: Language Engineer (Janya Inc.)

John Chen jchen2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:07:37 UTC 2012

Job Description:

Janya Inc., located in suburban Buffalo, New York, is a leader in
technology pertaining to natural language processing, multilingual
text mining and machine learning.  We are seeking a language engineer
to (i) participate in government sponsored R&D efforts, and (ii)
enhance our text analytics platform by adding new language processing
capabilities or customizing existing capabilities based on customer
requirements. This person must be familiar with grammatical rules
and/or statistical modeling, and have experience in commercial,
production-quality NLP systems.  This position, which is open to US
citizens only, is based in Buffalo, NY. Positions may also be
available in Dayton, OH and Rome, NY. Salary will be commensurate with
education and experience. Janya offers a generous benefits package
that includes health insurance, 401 (k) plan and vacation time.

Requirements:

o BS or MS in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics or Computer Science
o 3-5 years hands-on experience in development of large-scale text
processing systems
o Expertise with scripting languages, programming required
o Linux and Windows development experience
o Must be able to communicate effectively and routinely with
customers, teammates, and partners
o US citizen

For immediate consideration, please send a MS Word or PDF version of
your resume to careers at janya.com. IMPORTANT: The subject field of your
email must include Language Engineer.