[Corpora-List] Monnet Challenge - Publishing Language Resources as Linked Data

Paul Buitelaar paul.buitelaar at deri.org
Mon Aug 13 16:29:16 UTC 2012

The Monnet Project (http://www.monnet-project.eu/) is offering the
following bounties for the conversion of existing linguistic resources
into linked data, in particular focussing on the lemon model
(http://www.lemon-model.net ). The results of which will be presented at
the Workshop on Multilingual Linked Data for Open Enterprise
(http://sabre2012.infai.org/mlode) on the 25th September in Leipzig,
Germany.

**Bounties are 600, 400, 200, 100, 50 Euros** .

We are targeting the following resources:

- Mapping of a resource containing semantic roles to RDF and/or lemon.
Resources such as FrameNet or VerbNet are here considered to be of
particular importance
- Conversion of existing resources in standard formats to RDF and/or
lemon. In particular, we would be keen to see the conversion of a
resource in LMF (http://www.lexicalmarkupframework.org/) into lemon.
- Creation of lemon lexica for existing Semantic Web ontologies
- Extension of DBpedia's Wiktionary (http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Wiktionary)
mapping, in particular in the following ways:
* Extension of the wrapper templates to new language versions of Wiktionary.
* Better extraction of morphological information from the Wiktionary
pages, in particular extraction of irregular noun plurals, verb forms
and adjectival forms.

Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria:

Core criteria:
* Number of triples (relative to other submissions). Emphasis is of
course on number of triples containing a URI from lemon.
* Expressiveness and quality of lemon used (How many properties and
classes of lemon are you using? Are you using them correctly?)
* Impact (Is the data set you converted important and central to our
cause? We also rate data sets for less-spoken languages higher, because
of the rarity effect.)

Additional criteria:
* Note that you can convert and submit more than one data set. You will
be rated for the combined data you converted (so each person can only
make one submission).
* You will be given extra points if you publish converted data early and
other people build upon your work (e.g. fix errors).
* All submissions will be considered for inclusion in the data
post-proceedings.

Submission will end 10 days before the workshop, so the deadline is
September 13th, 2012, please submit approximately 2-4 pages documenting
your resource to jmccrae -AT- cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de. In addition your
data should be registered at http://thedatahub.org/.

Detailed information on how to submit can be found on the Monnet
Challenge page:
http://sabre2012.infai.org/mlode/monnet-challenge

Regards,

John McCrae
AG Semantic Computing, Cognitive Interaction Technology - Centre of
Excellence
Bielefeld University