[Corpora-List] CoNLL to Penn TreeBank conversion

Josep M. Fontana josepm.fontana at upf.edu
Wed Dec 12 18:44:29 UTC 2012

Does anybody know about any tool, script, etc. to convert from
column-based CoNLL format to the Penn Treebank annotation style? I know
there is the srlconll software package that does exactly the opposite
but I haven't been able to find anything that does the conversion in the
direction we need.

We have access to parsers that are trained for Spanish but the output is
in the CoNLL format. To be able to use tools to exploit the syntactic
annotation we need it to be in the Penn TreeBank format.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Josep M.