[Corpora-List] PhD and MSc Positions: Media & Arts Technology Programme, Queen Mary University of London

Matthew Purver m.purver at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 16:00:25 UTC 2012

PhD and MSc Positions: Media & Arts Technology Programme.
An RCUK Centre for Doctoral Training. Queen Mary University of London.

Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarships Available for September 2013
To apply : http://www.mat.qmul.ac.uk
More information: Richard Kelly <r.kelly at eecs.qmul.ac.uk>

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
For 2013 entry we especially welcome applicants with interests in:
- computational linguistics, psychology and cognitive science
- media content, semantics and narrative for music, audio, video
- social computing
- interactive art and architecture
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the UK's leading
research universities and is located at the heart of Europe's largest
concentration of creative industries. We run an innovative four-year
inter-disciplinary training programme in the science and technologies
that are transforming the creative sector. Our aim is to produce MSc and
PhD graduates who combine world-class technical and creative skills and
who have a unique vision of how digital technology transforms creative
possibilities, cultural experiences and social economies.

PhD and MSc places for entry in September 2013 have now been released.
We are offering at least 12 fully funded PhD scholarships (circa £15,800
p.a. including all fees) for direct entry to the PhD programme. Limited
bursaries are also available for the MSc and outstanding students on the
MSc may be eligible to transfer to a funded place on the PhD programme
at the end of their first year.

Deadline for applications is January 31st 2013.

You must be able to demonstrate academic achievement at the level of a
first class honours degree and excellent critical and analytic skills.
You should also be able to demonstrate a clear aptitude for
interdisciplinary research and programming or mathematical ability. We
welcome applicants with strong backgrounds in architecture, cognitive
science, computer science, electronic engineering, interactive
multimedia technologies, industrial design, psychology, or cognate
disciplines.

You will also develop a working partnership with one of our strategic
collaborators including: BBC, BT, Furtherfield,The Barbican, V+A,
Cinimod Studios, Vitamins Design, Illustrious, Inition, last.fm,
leanmeanfightingmachine, Meridian Auido, Orange, Proctor and Gamble,
Seeper, Troika, [space], The Union Chapel, United Visual Artists, V2_,
Wildpalm, Smartlab, The Science Museum, Culturelab, University of
Newcastle.