[Corpora-List] Syntactically parsed Tagalog corpus

Eric Atwell csc6ea at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jan 7 12:35:59 UTC 2012

Sebastian,

a quick Google search for "Tagalog corpus" shows research where Tagalog
web-pages have been compiled into a corpus; and/or you could do this
yourself, using a web-crawler corpus-builder such as WebBootCat
available via SketchEngine website (see previous posts on this to
CORPORA).  BUT I will be very surprised if you find a Tagalog Treebank
- parsing/treebanking is a big undertaking, so I'm sure if anyone has
   done this they would publish results on the WWW.

But you should ask youself: do you really need a parsed corpus to answer
your research question(s)? A parsed corpus is most often used to train a
machine-learning NLP system, but I don't think you're doing machine
learning, are you?

What do psycholingusits do when studying sentence processing in other
non-European languages?  I guess few languages outside the "top 20" have
treebanks available for psycholinguisrtic study, so is there an
alternaitve approach used by others in your field?

good luck

Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language Processing research group,
  I-AIBS Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Biological Systems
  School of Computing, Faculty of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
  Leeds LS2 9JT, England.        TEL: 0113-3435430  FAX: 0113-3435468
  WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric
       http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/nlp