[Corpora-List] Lemmatizing German text for lexical purposes

Heike Zinsmeister heikezinsmeister at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 16 21:45:52 UTC 2012

Hi Ciarán,

You might want to have a look at the DWDS corpora: http://www.dwds.de/.

> Of the German corpora I have found, Negra is POS-tagged but not
> lemmatized, while Tiger is both POS-tagged and lemmatized.  Negra does not
> mention any query facility; Tiger had one which is no longer supported
> and unfortunately doesn't work for me.

TIGERSearch is still available:
http://www.wolfganglezius.de/doku.php?id=cl:tigersearch
(there is also a link to a new version for Mac)

TIGERRegistry, which comes with TIGERSearch, allows you to import the Negra
corpus and other formats.

The latest releases of TüBa-D/Z are also lemmatized (but also use STTS):
http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/en/tuebadz.shtml

As to the decomposition of compound words, SMOR by Helmut Schmid
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~schmid/ would provide this (I'm not sure
about the release conditions though).

Best,
Heike

--
Dr. Heike Zinsmeister

Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA  M5S 3G4
*Office:* Room 386, D.L. Pratt Bldg, 6 King's College Road
&
Department of Linguistics, University of Konstanz, Box 185
D-78457 Konstanz, GERMANY

Web:  http://ling.uni-konstanz.de/page/home/zinsmeister