[Corpora-List] Metrics used for word clusters analysis ...

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:25:09 UTC 2012

~
 What are the kinds of metrics used for word clusters analysis and synonymy?
~
 In Speech and Language Processing by Jurafsky & Martin (2004):
chapter 17; and Foundations of Statistical Natural Language
Processing, Manning & Schuetze (1999): chapter 8; you find some
introductory treatment of the topic, but what I am looking for is a
corpora-based thorough discussion of the pros and cons of the various
similarity models.
~
 I could imagine there is lots of research going on on that topic
since IR depends very much on it and, to me, the metrics behind
similarity models should be language-independent
~
 A simple search on "word clusters" would overwhelm you with hits and
an attempt to narrow down a search to:
~
 "word clusters" corpus linguistics metrics n-grams cosine similarity synonym
~
 gives you few documents
~
 Any good/current papers on that topic?