[Corpora-List] Detection of quotations and automatic attribution corpora

J. Nathan Matias natematias at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:56:21 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

I'm just spinning up a project in this area and would love to chat out of
band with anyone who wants to collaborate.

René, the Reported Speech Tagger looks very cool. I look forward to trying
it out!

A few more publications:

   - The evri.com team uses a combination of "attribution verbs" quote-mark
   searching, and entity extraction. "A large-scale system for annotating
   and querying quotations in news
feeds<http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1863879.1863886>."
   SEMSEARCH 2010
   - Here's the Europe Media Monitoring Paper: Opinion Mining on Newspaper
   Quotations<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5285040>
   - There was also a big CMU initiative in this area recently. Here's
   their technical report (2010): "Visualizing Topical Quotations Over Time
   to Understand News Discourse<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~nschneid/ravine-tr.pdf>
   "

Regards,

--