[Corpora-List] Legal consequences: of corpus building

Ruprecht von Waldenfels Rvwfels at gmx.de
Mon May 21 13:49:37 UTC 2012

Dear List,

I am currently researching problems that arise from ignoring copyright issues in corpus compilation.

I would like to ask whether anybody here knows of any cases where corpus linguists have actually had to pay fines, compensation for losses, or worse, for including texts in linguistic corpora without prior consent of the copyright holder.

I would be grateful if you could send me short references to such projects. I will then provide a summary for the list.

All the best,
Ruprecht

Ruprecht v. Waldenfels, waldenfels at issl.unibe.ch
Institut fuer slavische Sprachen und Literaturen
Universität Bern Laenggassstr. 49 CH 3005 Bern 9
Tel: +41  31 631 35 83 /  Fax: +41 31  631 39 90