[Corpora-List] the first to measure the colour outlook of the British and American writers

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Wed May 23 07:02:32 UTC 2012

Dear Corpora colleagues, Why are some linguists , e.g. Eva , are lucky? Somebody paid attention to their MA or articles and stole them. They must not complain of plagiarism , but be proud. I have published 325 books and articles but nobody stirred a finger to steel them. So, I am not lucky.  Now I am constructing a corpora of colour terms in the texts of different British and American writers.  I am struggling with Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875 - 1950) who wrote about Mars and apes. Have you read him? So, I do not know how many of the writers I can plan to measure theit use of colours. I made a report at a univerity conference. Many psychologists said it is extremely interesting since they never read anything of the sort. I am amazed that I am the first to measure the colour outlook of the British and American writers in the exact numbers. Or may be I am not aware of any plagiarism of my works? Be well, remain yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk Ped.University< Russia