[Corpora-List] arabic transliteration

Nizar Habash habash at ccls.columbia.edu
Tue May 29 14:08:11 UTC 2012

Hi all --

(1)  For a review of the terms Romanization, Transcription and Transliteration, please see Kenneth Beesley's
paper: http://open.xerox.com/Services/arabic-morphology/Pages/romanization

(2)  Please consider this book chapter which discusses issues in Arabic transliteration and makes a proposal
for a scheme to be used in published papers and articles:

Habash, Nizar, Abdelhadi Soudi, and Tim Buckwalter. “On Arabic Transliteration.” Book Chapter.
In Arabic Computational Morphology: Knowledge-based and Empirical Methods. Editors Antal van
den Bosch and Abdelhadi Soudi. 2007.

http://www.nizarhabash.com/publications/chapter2BisHabash_et_al-2007-web.pdf

regards,

Nizar