[Corpora-List] Most frequent 5K words in Icelandic?

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Mon Nov 19 10:11:25 UTC 2012

El dl 19 de 11 de 2012 a les 09:58 +0000, en/na Kim Witten va escriure:
> Hi Corpora Subscribers,
> I'm wondering if somebody might be able to point me in the direction to find
> a simple list of the 5,000 most frequent words in Icelandic, from
> any (relatively current, non-historical) Icelandic corpus? With English gloss
> would be even better, but it's not necessary. Thanks!

Icelandic Frequency Dictionary:
http://www.malfong.is/index.php?pg=ordtidnibok&lang=en

You should be able to download it, although it sadly does not have a
free licence. Nor does it have glosses.

It would be fairly easy to make a glossed frequency list from Wikipedia,
which could be freely distributed (email me off-list if you are
interested), but of course, the Icelandic Wikipedia is not a very
representative corpus so, depending on what you're going to use it for
ymmv.

Regards,

Fran