[Corpora-List] FYI: Talk about opinion mining and lexical affect sensing

Alexander Osherenko osherenko at gmx.de
Mon Apr 15 17:21:00 UTC 2013

Dear all,

if somebody prefers Eastern Berlin to Western Berlin: I will give a talk on
the same topic (opinion mining and lexical affect sensing) but in German
and on the next day (23th April at 10.15) in alma mater (Humboldt
University of Berlin). 3.408, Rudower Chaussee 25, 12489 Berlin.

ABSTRACT:

This talk discusses opinion mining and lexical affect sensing. It focuses
on automatic detection of emotions and opinions in texts which importance
is motivated by the benefits that emotionally-intelligent technical
artifacts would bring to humans. The talk presents different examples of
emotional analysis such as analysis of product reviews, natural-language
dialogues, weblogs and discusses an analytical (statistical) approach, a
grammatical (linguistic) approach, a hybrid approach (combination of the
statistical and the grammatical approaches), and a multimodal approach
(combination of the lexical and the acoustic data). Since listeners of
different specialties are expected to come to this talk, for instance,
linguists, psychologists, computer scientists etc., we plan a discussion in
a more broad context so that everybody can benefit from this talk. If,
however, special questions arise in the presentation, they can be answered
in the discussion. Also, a demo will be presented.

--
Alexander Osherenko
Dr. rer. nat, CEO and R&D