[Corpora-List] Chinese sentence detector or splitter

Xin Ying Qiu xinying.qiu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 08:34:45 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am processing Chinese reports which include phrases as title and
subtitles as well as sentences ending with the period sign.  I want to
extract the sentences ending with the period sign. But it is difficult to
identify the beginning of such sentences as the document may contain
stand-alone phrases and numbers.  It is not a document consisting of only
sentences ending with period signs.  Are there any tools available to
detect or split or extract Chinese sentence from a document?

I've tried Stanford NLP document preprocess tool:
edu.stanford.nlp.process.DocumentPreprocessor.  But it does not seem to
work for my document.

Thank you in advance for any advice and suggestions!

Sincerely,

Xin Ying