[Corpora-List] Circulating the call for papers of APCLC (2014) to your members

CHING, Tiffany [ENGL] tiffany.ching at polyu.edu.hk
Fri Aug 9 07:30:22 UTC 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of the organizing committee of the Second Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference (APCLC 2014) to be held at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University on 7-9 March 2014 (Fri-Sun), I am writing to seek your assistance in circulating the call for papers of the conference (attached) to the members of the Corpora list.

The aim of the APCLC 2014 is to bring together academics from around the world, and from the Asia Pacific area in particular, in order to report on the varied developments in the use of and investigation into corpora in linguistics, language learning and translation studies. Some countries have a number of well-developed projects related to the theoretical and applied aspects of corpus analysis; other countries are just starting to develop corpus resources. Through this conference, we will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and expertise and lay the foundations for future developments in the application of corpus resources in Asia and the Pacific.

We would appreciate it very much if you could help to circulate the call for papers to the members of the Corpora list.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much!

Yours faithfully,
Tiffany

Ching Nok Hang, Tiffany
Project Associate
Department of English
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Tel.: (852) 3400-3131

        Disclaimer:

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (the University) immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to any party as a result of the use of such information.