[Corpora-List] how many subscribers are there on corpora-list?

Alon Lischinsky alischinsky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 09:56:39 UTC 2013

On 2013/8/21 Trevor Jenkins <trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com> write:

> But "subscribers" is a meaningless notion when anyone can access
> the archives of the list without being on the circulation list. It tells
> potential subscribers nothing. It tells current subscribers nothing.

That's hand-waving the question away. You don't know what exactly
Ramesh intends to get out of this information, and you haven't made
the slightest attempt to find out. What makes you so sure that your
objections would apply?

In any case, I would say that the number of subscribers is an
imperfect but useful informal proxy for readership when other
variables are roughly comparable (e.g., one web-archived mailing list
to another).

A.