[Corpora-List] NLP Engineer opening

Frank Odia fodia at bigdata-careers.com
Thu Aug 22 18:21:45 UTC 2013

To all members:

My name is Frank Odia and I am the recruiting director of Big Data Careers. I specialize in placing Big Data and NLP professionals with clients in the US. I would like to network with corpora members who have experience with symbolic approaches (rules, parsing, ontologies) to NLP. I currently have a client on the West Coast of the USA who is looking to hire an NLP engineer.

Responsibilities will include design, development, refinement, and implementation of algorithms for document tokenization, segmentation, lexical analysis, natural language parsing, and conceptual indexing. Responsibilities will include research and identification of new technologies, systems and/or applications of relevance to company NLP goals.

Skills required: Candidates are expected to have 4 years of NLP experience, experience with C++. Java or C#. Experience with LERX/Yacc or ANTLR are preferred as also experience with XML and XSLT and SQL experience.  Experience with statistical and machine learning approaches. Our client offers H1B visa transfer but not H1B sponsorship.

I can be contacted at fodia at bigdata-careers.com.