[Corpora-List] ISLE 2014 Conference, Zurich: Call for Papers

Gerold Schneider gschneid at ifi.uzh.ch
Fri Aug 30 17:22:11 UTC 2013

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

The Third Triennial Conference of ISLE, the International Society for the Linguistics of English, will be organized by the English Department of the University of Zurich, Switzerland, 24-27 August 2014.

http://www.isle3.uzh.ch/index.html

The thematic focus of the third ISLE conference is inter- and intra-disciplinary research.

The following keynote speakers have agreed to participate

Prof. Jan Blommaert, Tilburg University
Prof. Joan Bresnan, Stanford University
Prof. David Britain, University of Berne
Prof. Susan M. Fitzmaurice, University of Sheffield
Prof. William Foley, University of Sydney

In line with the research profiles of the plenary speakers, we particularly invite contributions in the following areas of research:
*      English linguistics and globalization
*      Empirical foundations of syntax, linguistic typology and probabilistic grammar
*      The interface between dialectology and human geography
*      English linguistics and literature
*      Anthropological linguistics and syntactic theory

Submission of abstracts (max. 500 words) is invited via our ConfTool website

https://www.conftool.pro/isle3/

Participants can also submit abstracts for some of the workshops directly to the workshop convenors -- details to be found at

http://www.isle3.uzh.ch/Workshops.html

Please note that ISLE membership is a prerequisite for participation at the conference. Find out more about ISLE and how to join at

http://www.isle-linguistics.org/join/

Deadline for submission of abstracts: 31 December 2013

Contact details: isleweb at es.uzh.ch

We are looking forward to seeing you in Zurich in 2014.

Marianne Hundt (on behalf of the organizing committee)

Christian Mair (on behalf of the ISLE executive)

====
Dr. Gerold Schneider
E:   gschneid at es.uzh.ch
W:   http://www.cl.uzh.ch/people/team/gschneid.html