[Corpora-List] Need help on Arabic morphological analyzer

Pavel Shkadzko tastyminerals at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:50:00 UTC 2013

Dear Corpora-List members,

I am searching for a good Arabic morphological analyzer (licence friendly).
Here is a list of stemmers/ morphological analyzers I have found so far.

Shereen Khoja stemmer,
Sebawai,
Al-Stem,
aramorph,
AlKhalil,
ElixirFM

There was a comparative evaluation
report(www.aclweb.org/anthology/*C08*-*2027*.pdf) on Arabic
stemmers/morphology analyzers that stated “Shereen Khoja stemmer” to
have the highest accuracy. What do you think? Unfortunately I was not
able to find any other relevant information on the subject, what
stemmers or morph analyzers are good. I would greatly appreciate any
advice.

Thank you,
Pavel