[Corpora-List] WSD / # WordNet senses / Mechanical Turk

Karen Fort karen.fort at loria.fr
Tue Jul 16 13:36:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

May I ponder this (from Fort et al, 2011: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1162/COLI_a_00057):
"in (Bhardwaj et al. 2010),[...] it is shown that, for their task of word sense disambiguation, a small number of trained annotators are superior to a larger number of untrained Turkers. On that point, their
results contradict that of (Snow et al. 2008), whose task was much simpler (the number
of senses per word was 3 for the latter, versus 9.5 for the former)"

Bhardwaj, Vikas, Rebecca Passonneau, Ansaf Salleb-Aouissi, and Nancy Ide.
2010. Anveshan: A tool for analysis of multiple annotators’ labeling behavior.
In Proceedings of The Fourth Linguistic Annotation Workshop (LAW IV)
pages 47–55, Uppsala.

Karën Fort
ATER ENSMN
Loria, équipe Sémagramme