[Corpora-List] Overview of the Natural Language Processing course at Coursera.org

Maxim Khalilov maxkhalilov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 10:03:54 UTC 2013

We are in the middle of a paradigm shift, probably the biggest in history.
The higher education system is changing. Education is becoming free and
accessible for anybody who has a computer with Internet access. Coursera.org is
the first resource providing access to free online classes from the leading
universities worldwide. Many of the classes offered at Coursera are
directly related to the areas we are focusing at NLP People, i.e. natural
language processing, data mining and machine learning.

We asked Plutarco Naranjo who is one of the students that followed the
recent NLP course at Coursera.org (taught by Prof. Michael Collins) from
the very beginning until the last day to share his thoughts and experience
with the class. You can read the full article at
https://nlppeople.com/index.php/publications/articles/118-michael-collins-natural-language-processing-course-review